Our mission is to improve cultural and environmental
awareness and cooperation around the world. To this end, we conduct
exchange and apprenticeship programs that function to establish an
international community of learners.
Founder and Executive Director (left)
Honorary Director (right)
Green Across the Pacific is unique because our programs are
- True reciprocal exchanges, with visits to China or Japan and North America.
- Ones in which students and teachers work and learn together.
- Ones in which cultural exchange is facilitated by focusing on a field of common interest.
- Enhanced by a collaboration of state and private institutions,
business groups and concerns in Vermont, and an equivalent
collaboration in China and Japan.
Our goals are to...
- Develop leadership skills among students through a balanced and detailed study of current environmental topics.
- Create and maintain a community for cultural exchange and
understanding among Chinese, or Japanese, and American students, teachers, field
scientists and business people through study of a common interest.
- Inform public debate about current environmental topics while
increasing awareness about the significance of China's development.
- Increase interest in Asia and environmental studies among American students and educators.
- Provide American, Chinese and Japanese students and educators with...
- an overview of natural history and resource management in
China, Japan and the United States with a special emphasis on South China, Tottori Prefecture and Vermont.
- an understanding of the methods, interested
parties, and politics involved in natural resource management in South China, Tottori, and Vermont.