Green Across the Pacific is unique
because our programs are
- True reciprocal exchanges, with visits to China or Japan and North America.
- Ones in which students and teachers work and learn together.
- Ones in which cultural exchange is facilitated by focusing on a field of common interest.
- Enhanced by a collaboration of state and private institutions, business groups and concerns in Vermont, and an equivalent collaboration in China and Japan.
Our goals are to...
- Develop leadership skills among students through a balanced and detailed study of current environmental topics.
- Create and maintain a community for cultural exchange and understanding among Chinese, or Japanese, and American students, teachers, field scientists and business people through study of a common interest.
- Inform public debate about current environmental topics while increasing awareness about the significance of China's development.
- Increase interest in Asia and environmental studies among American students and educators.
- Provide American, Chinese and Japanese students and educators with...
- an overview of natural history and resource management in China, Japan and the United States with a special emphasis on South China, Tottori Prefecture and Vermont.
- an understanding of the methods, interested parties, and politics involved in natural resource management in South China, Tottori, and Vermont.